Selling a House During Divorce
Estimated reading time 3 minutes
Selling a house during a divorce is an immense stress during what is likely to be an already difficult period in your life, dealing with a professional property purchaser gives you the guaranteed sale you need to close this chapter and move on.
What about the house after a divorce?
Generally, when selling a house during a divorce, the proceeds are split between the two parties and go toward the purchase of their subsequent homes.
Is it better to sell a home before or after a divorce?
Are you wondering which option is ultimately better for you? It all depends on the situation. If you and your ex have an amicable relationship then you can try to sell your house before a divorce finalises, otherwise, we would recommend waiting until after the divorce as this provides a clearer structure to the sale.
How can I Sell My House Before the Divorce?
If you both agree to sell the house during your divorce and you both want to sell the house before the divorce is finalised, there is no reason to wait.
At the very beginning, make sure that:
- You both have decided and agreed on who will be responsible for the sale.
- In writing describe how you intend to share the money (to make the situation clear).
- You have decided how much you want to ideally receive for the house.
- You have decided on the selling method.
- You have decided how long the sales process can reasonably take.
- You have made a decision on who will prepare the house for sale.
How to sell my house quickly after a divorce
If you and your ex agree that the house needs to be sold. Now you have to choose how to sell.
The traditional process of selling a home can be complicated and stressful. You have to manage all aspects of the sale. It means you must deal with estate agents and possibly surveyors, negotiate the price, finalise the sale, prepare the paperwork and much more. It will take time and it is normal for buyers to withdraw late in the process.
If you are looking for a quick home sale and sell your home for a guaranteed price at a date of your choosing. We can offer you a fair and quick quote today.
We buy any property regardless of location and condition.
Quick property sales allow you to sell your house in a timeframe that meets your requirements.
Take A Free, No Obligation Cash Offer From Us Today
Advantages of Selling your house after divorce to Gaffsy:
- We can buy your home quickly.
- We manage all aspects of the sale.
- We do not charge for sales assistance.
- By selling to us you will save time and work.
- Our service is fast, transparent, and entirely bespoke.
- You receive cash immediately after the sale is finalised.